Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

On Friday, my sister-in-law called me. When I saw her name on the cell phone I had a gut feel about what she was going to say. Her husband had been accepted into medical school. The same one my husband attends, and his first day is Thursday! It's been a whirlwind of a weekend for them having to pick up and move 1,000 miles away with less than a week before class starts for him. I'm so excited that I'll have some family close by. I hope that we are able to give them an idea of what they're in for the next couple years!

I printed a list of orthopedic residency programs off of the AMA website. I printed them by state. Now I'm going through and looking at the websites. It is a weird feeling making judgments about a program based on how well their site is put together and what message it brings across. That is all we have to go on for most places though. If I were a program I would be putting a lot of time and money into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment